Anyway, last year well before summer I had bought some lovely white cotton eyelet with the plans to make a simple summer top out of Simplicity 4589 based on a nice but expensive top I snooped shopped on the Anthropologie site:
And on the weekend before the end of summer I finished it:
This was so quick and simple to make I can't really explain why I didn't make it sooner. I made some modifications to the pattern: I lengthened it and made a self tie belt to reduce the potential for maternity based questions and I lengthened the sleeves a bit because cap sleeves aren't really my favourite look. All in all a really nice look that I may play around with to make a little formal for work such as deleting the puffiness to the sleeves and using a single pleat in the front instead of gathers, or making it more voluminous for when I really do need it for naternity purposes.
And for my work colleagues (who are more than likely 99% of the people who read this blog) finally here is something I haven't worn to work and hence you haven't seen it in real life and a picture that is not in the front yard but in front of the lillie pillies growing beserk in the back yard...
Next up I'm working on some vintage numbers so I can introduce myself over on Sew Retro properly now that I have procured an invitation.