thank you Jean!

Tuesday 27 January 2009
How good is getting a unexpected parcel of goodies along with your boring bills and bank statements in the mail? Thanks to Jean, of Sewing Along Life's Seams, today that goodness landed in my little hands with a parcel that contained a gorgeous quilt, some burp cloths (already put to good use), a taggie blanket, a little rattle and some yummy caramel 'sugar daddy' lollypops - good thing I went for a walk today and ate a carrot so that should have cancelled out the two that I ate already......

Anna is 3 weeks old today and is starting to take more notice of her surroundings. She flapped her arms around on the quilt like a little snow angel feeling the textures I think, and was certainly eyeing off the taggie blanket. Thank you so much Jean for sending these, they are absolutely gorgeous and so practical too. I was going to make a taggie blanket, but since I didn't have any ribbon and am avoiding the fabric stores in order to keep to my fabric diet I hadn't made one yet, so you have perfect timing Jean! And I would never have the patience to make a quilt but it is delightful to have one.


I have to say once again that I am overwhelmed and astounded by the generosity of bloggers - from gifts to all the well wishes I have received, I am so grateful and they mean alot to me.

Well yesterday was Australia Day and Chinese New Year so there was much activity around here. We took Anna into the city for the Australia Day celebrations, and here she is being carried by her dad with the free Aussie flag being handed out:

Don't take any notice of that funny mark across my forehead, I was wearing a hat and it seems even my head has gotten bigger after this pregnancy caper! And Anna also scored another quintessential Australian experience - a little mosquito bite on her face which you can see in the photo above on the quilt.

And for all you northern hemispherers suffering through freezing conditions, you have no sympathy from me because we are sweltering through a heatwave, made even worse for me having to stay home to let the builders in, the air condition being taken out for the recladding of the house and just me in general not being able to cope in the sun and heat with my fair skin. I don't want to wish time away because I'm loving having Anna so small she fits easily in my arms, but I wish this summer weather would pass! When the building works are done we'll all be so much happier, because at the moment walking around our house necessitates turning sideways in some spots to squeeze past furniture LOL.

As for the inlaws, it was good of them to go home for now - they live in Brisbane which is about a 2 hour flight away so they can come back easily when all works are done and dusted, but in the meantime we've been taking many many photos to keep them up to date...

Anyway must fly, I can hear Anna exercising her lungs again - she has found the volume switch in the past few days and her crying is no longer cute (if it ever was to anyone else but me!) and she cries a lot when left by herself, but at only 3 weeks old I'd be pretty scared in this big world too so I don't think I can love her or spoil her enough at this age (tough love will have to come soon though!)

Oh and to all of you that nominated me for a blogging award - thank you! I never imagined my blog would be interesting to so many of you, but thank you for reading along and being part of my world. I'll have to find some time to bestow it upon other deserving bloggers.

14 comments:

  1. Anna, so glad we met a need! Timing is everything! Glad you liked the quilt, the first one I made of that sort was soooo soft, and well it's not like they are hard. Just habit forming!
    She is a cutie. Have you gotten to the point yet where you know which cry is for what?
    Get some sleep when you can.
    And hope that Australian Day was a good one. Happy Chinese New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh she is sooooo adorable! And the items that Jean sent are just wonderful! You are looking good too and I hope you are getting some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a pretty baby. I know you are enjoying her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for taking the time to update us. you all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a beautiful baby girl. You must be so excited!

    I'm a tennis fan and have been watching the Open. I saw some of the Australian Day activities. What are some of the things that you do to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful!! Congratulations, i can't wait to see all the beautiful things you'll be making her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna looks so healthy! She is already filling out with that adorable layer of baby fat. Good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is just adorable. You poor thing too without aircon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful baby and wonderful blog. I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!!!! Your baby is the cutest little darling! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna is growing very quickly - she must be in the right paddock. Hear hear about the weather , I can not even think about sewing now ( which I thought was not possible ) - 4 days above 42 degrees in a row !However this weather is good for surfing blogspots. I just lucky none of my chooks have keeled over. Janine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristy, congratulations again, Anna is adorable and I must say you look very happy! I know you have a few of these already but hee's another Kreativ Blogger award for you. Cheers Josie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna is a beautiful baby. May you always be blessed.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a very special gift that is.We all know how much love goes into a gift of stitches. Your little girl is precious. Somehow I think sewing for her is going to be a lot of your future and lots of fun. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete