Man I had a good day today. It's a Friday, and I didn't have to go to work thanks to the marvels of a flex day. It was warm and sunny here in Sydney, and after a sleep in and a leisurely breakfast I took the dog for a walk, had a chat with one of my neighbours and I had a check up with my doctor and everything is going well with the baby. The little monkey has been moving around like crazy lately and I just can't wait to meet him/her, but I know - patience is a virtue and it won't be long before it's here.
I also took advantage of the sunshine to do three loads of washing - now before you think I've completely lost it and am strangely happy about doing washing, check out this photo:
Yes that is a clothesline full of fabric, bought from op-shopping trips in the last few weeks freshly laundered and now awaiting transformation. Didn't do any of the other washing though, that may have ruined my good mood!
And now that I've jumped on-line to see what my favourite bloggers have been up to, I see that the amazingly talented Carolyn from sewingfanaticdiary has bestwowed upon me two blog awards!
This is why I feel unbelievably honoured: Carolyn's sewing is impeccable, she puts so much care and effort into her garments which is evident in the professional and polished garments she produces so abudantly - so for her to be not only interested in what I make but also think it cuts the mustard makes me feel, well pretty good actually!
So the rules for these awards are:
1. Select 6 bloggers to whom you would like to give this award
Well like Carolyn I found this hard because I read soooo many blogs that I love, plus there's a lot of love being shared around at the moment, so I've tried to pick bloggers that haven't been awarded yet
I wanna frock and roll all night - Kitty and Moggy are so funny and make the most gorgeous vintage patterns.
Sew 4 Fun - beautiful clothes and fabrics, plus links to Project Runway Australia which has occupied plenty of my time lately.....
Sewing Along Life's Seams - Jean always has something interesting to say on her blog plus she leaves me little stories in her comments all the time!
The Big Trade Off - another very funny blog, and Karen makes me feel better by showing that you can have kids and still sew and have a sense of humour.
That's Sew Live - Tearsa is a fellow pregnant sewist, is unbelievably glam and has the most show off worthy job, she's on television!
Weekend Crafting - Reethi and I are almost at one with BWOF - trying to make more of 'em!
2. Put the award on your blog and indicate who gave it to you by identifying her/his blog - done
3. Paste these rules on your blog - done
4. Write 6 of your most important values and 6 negative points you condemn. Important values for me and what I look for in the people I choose to spend time with are happiness, gratefulness, generosity, recognition of others, confidence and effort. Negative points I hate in others (and myself when I display them) would be apathy, dishonesty, wastefulness, arrogance, nastiness and constant negativity/whinging.
5. Inform the 6 recipients by leaving a comment on their blog - done, done and done!